An Occupancy Permit is required prior to OWNERSHIP changes OR a TENANT change.
All permitting is done online through the MyGov System.
Step-by-step guide for Residents/Property Manager/Real Estate Agent
- Register as a Collaborator. Choose the type that best describes you (Homeowner/Real Estate Agent/Property Manager) Save your Login and Password for future use.
- Follow the Validation instructions-you have 5 minutes for this step
- Make New Request -The project type is Occupancy
- Schedule the Inspection- once the permit is issued you can Schedule an Inspection New Tenant/Owner to complete Steps 5-8 at Brentwood City Hall
- Complete the Residential Occupancy Form
- Provide Valid Photo IDs for occupants 18+
- Pay $45 Permit Fee
- Collect copies of the approved Occupancy Permit
Change of Occupancy Form - This is to add additional tenant(s) or when occupants change. The Head of Household must remain the same.
Residential Occupancy Inspection Guide
Please plan accordingly when submitting for a permit, as Registration takes 24-48 hours and Review takes up to 10 business days. Missing items or misinformation can cause a delay in the review of your project.
For assistance, please call 314.963.8602.