Learn-To-Skate: Snowplow Sam
Ages 3-5. The Snowplow Sam levels are designed to help the preschool-age skater develop preliminary coordination and strength to maneuver on the ice. Time in Snowplow Sam classes will allow preschool children to become comfortable on the ice.
- $36 Residents/$40Non-Residents
- Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled 5 days prior to the start date.
There will be a $15 late registration fee for any one that enrolls the day of a class.
|Spring Session 1||Spring Session 2||Spring Session 3|
- Snowplow Sam 1: Sit and stand up with skates off-ice, Sit and stand up – on-ice, March in place, March forward (8-10 steps), March, then glide on two feet, Dip in place.
- Snowplow Sam 2: March followed by long glide, dip while moving, backward wiggles, 6 in a row, rocking horse, one forward and one backward swizzle action, two foot hop in place. (Optional)
- Snowplow Sam 3: Forward skating (8-10 strides), Forward one-foot glide, two times skater’s height (R and L), Forward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Backward swizzles (2-3 in a row), Moving forward snowplow stop (two-foot), Curves.
- Snowplow Sam 4: Forward skating, Backward two-foot glide, length of skater’s height, Backward swizzles (4-6 in a row), Rocking horse – one forward, one backward swizzle, repeat twice, Two-foot turns from forward to backward, in place (both directions).